Alberta Vehicle Information Report
Before purchasing a used vehicle in Alberta, consider getting an Alberta Vehicle Information Report (VIR).
The VIR gives the buyer information on a used vehicle including the followings:
Note: VIR can be requested by anyone to get non-protect information about any vehicle registered in Alberta. The report ONLY cover Alberta information and does not include any information from other places where the vehicle may have been registered.
How to apply for the Vehicle Information Report
1. Online through MyAlberta eServices Site (Alberta.ca account required)
- Result is available for download through your MyAlberta eservices account
2. Online through our registry office
- Result will be available via email within 1-2 business days
- Does not require Alberta.ca account