A Marriage License gives you the legal right to get married any time within three months (90 days) from the date the license was issued.
- You much be at least 18 years old (otherwise you will need legal consent from your parents)
- You must show acceptable identification such as a birth certificate, passport, treaty status card, Canadian citizenship card or driver's license
- You cannot be related to the person you wish to marry by whole blood, half blood or adoption (e.g. you may not marry your grandparent, parent, grandchild, child or sibling)
- You must currently be unmarried
- If you are divorced, you must present proof the divorce is final such as a Certificate of Divorce or a Decree Absolute
Both parties to the marriage must be present to apply for the marriage license. Please have this form completed prior to registration.